Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Speak Lord, for your servant is listening....

Hello fellow bloggers and friends,

I have had a day to reflect on. My God and Savior lives and reigns and He is taking me through the wringer, for He chastens those He loves!!! It hurts and its hard but He does it for the purpose of love...He really cares and wants me to be healed, whole, and freed from the bondage of sin in my life....

So on Sunday I heard a powerful message from our pastor. It was a message I truly needed to hear at this season in my walk with the Lord. It was about the Holy Spirit. He gave several examples of the Spirit working in the lives of David and Samuel in the OT. For example, Samuel was being trained by Eli the prophet as a young boy, and God called Samuel. Not knowing it was God, Samuel thought it was Eli speaking to him one night. Then Eli realized it was the Spirit of the Lord calling Samuel and he told him to say to the Lord, "Speak, for your servant is listening." And He spoke to Samuel that night...

So our pastor challenged us to ask the HS 10-15 times a day, What are you saying to me? What are you doing? When I focus my questions to the HS all day long I am to expect Him to answer me....and He does!!

He has talked to me about my impatience with my daughter, my unbelief and trust in Him, and my anxiousness to want to get things done my way...and to do it when I want it done. I have been out of God's will in those areas of my life and the Holy Spirit is here to teach me, to guide me, to encourage me, and to lead me closer in my walk with the Lord. I have often forgotten that His presence is with me at all times, even when I sleep. Yet I haven't really reached out to Him to truly do the job that God has established for Him to do in my life.

I continually have that phrase from Scripture in my head...speak, Lord, for your servant is listening...even though what He says may cause me to have to humble myself and ask forgiveness from my daughter (like today!), to swallow...really rid myself...of pride and allow the workings of the Holy Spirit to cleanse me and to heal me and to break the chains of sin, and bring me closer and closer into His glorious light!!!

I praise God He is not done with me. He has more to give if I am willing to receive...if I am willing to be quiet and say...speak, Lord, for your servant Mary Kay is listening.

No comments: