Monday, March 2, 2009

My lil' baby's birthday celebration!!!

It's Anaya's birthday today!!!! We celebrated at Chuck E. Cheese's and Anaya had a great time. She did not quite understand what a birthday was before we arrived but I think she knows now that it involves a lot of special treatment just for her and she loved it (of course!!) I even have pictures to prove it...but my friend has them on her camera so....sorry blog friends. I can't post any pics today but hopefully soon....

My lil baby is 2 and I can't believe it!!!! She was my longest labor/delivery at 20 hr+ of focusing on breathing and allowing my contractions to come, and 1 1/2 hrs.+ of pushing... well, let me just say that it is still fresh in my mind of the long, strenuous, and tiring labor. I am praisin the Lord just like I did that day for her grand entrance into this world, and it was worth every labor pain...(I can say that now!!)

I prayed today that I am looking forward to celebrating not just many more yearly birthdays, but her spiritual birthday. I thank God that he created her and made her in his image and each day I know is such a gift to have her in my life. But I know what she needs the most. It is not the presents, candy, and all the cake she can eat that we typically have at every birthday that will satisfy her soul. What she needs is the Lord Jesus Christ to cleanse her soul and renew her spirit and make her whole. I loved celebrating her birthday but I look forward to the day that she has trusted in Christ Jesus to be the Lord of her life, where she will become not only my daughter but my sister in Christ, guaranteed to have a place with her momma in heaven.

Love,
a blessed daughter of the king

No comments: