Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Lord disciplines those He loves!!!

"My [daughter], do not despise the Lord's discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the [daughter] he delights in." Prov. 3:11-12

It has been a while since I posted. We have been in AZ and back and are now getting ready to go out of town again next week. My man is gone for a month and we really miss him...

But I know that him being gone has been good for me. The Lord disciplines those he loves and have I been goin' through the spankin' process with the Lord. Not physically of course but in my heart.

My husband's postion requires him to be away from us quite frequently. I have been learning how to let go and to trust God with my man. I love my man but I am loving my Lord and Savior more and more. I am lonely many nights but I am not alone.

I have had to rest in Jesus when frustrated and hurt. I could not do that before. I would be anxious and not fully put my trust in Him. I am learning how to love my children and see them through God's eyes. I am relying on the Holy Spirit more and more and asking Him to teach me and guide me and train me in training my children. He will speak to me but I have to listen. I don't like to hear what He has to say sometimes but I know He cares for me and wants me to be more and more like Christ. I have been going through healing in areas where sin once stood its ground. I am living out the word of God and its truths. God does not want me to stay where I am at right now, but trully wants me whole and healed this side of earth. I have to be willing to give Him everything and to trust Him. I praise Him for waiting for me patiently in giving of myself to him. I am to offer my body as a living sacrifice which is holy and acceptable to Him. This is my spiritual act of worship. So.....

Lord,
I do not want to conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but I want to be transformed by the renewing of my mind. It is so hard when family, friends, and neighbors do not seek Your ways but the ways of this world. Make me stronger, and my family stronger to follow and seek only Your ways. Your ways are good for us because You have a plan and purpose for us and it is a good plan to use us to further Your kingdom here on earth. Help us to continue to seek after you and be molded into the image of your son Jesus Christ.

For it is His power and glory alone that live in us. Let Your light shine upon us so that we can be a light to others in this dark and disturbing world....

mk

No comments: