Wednesday, May 6, 2009

32 Weeks!!!

I am thirty-two weeks this week!!! (Does it look like I am carrying twins because two people have already asked!!) I do feel like I am carrying bigger with this one than the other three. My youngest was 8 lbs. when born so I hope he won't be much bigger than that. Looking forward to this little one coming soon....
I found this verse in 2 Cor. 4:16-18 that really speaks to me this season in my life. "Therefore, (I) do not lose heart. Though outwardly (I) am wasting away, yet inwardly (I) am being renewed day by day. For (my) light and momentary troubles are achieving for (me) an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So (I) fix my eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
Each day brings new trials, challenges, and sometimes heartache but there is purpose in all that I do and all that I go through...which renews my soul and strengthens my spirit day by day. I am to fix my eyes on what is unseen, what is eternal...that is what counts. Eternity seems so far away to me while living day by day here on Earth, but in retrospect it is not that far at all. Eternity looks like this:
. _______________________________________________and so on
That dot represents my life here, but that line represents eternity. The scripture commands me to fix my eyes on the line, where there is no more pain, suffering, hurt. That line means experiencing loveliness, holiness, perfectness, and total oneness with my Creator and my Lord and Savior forever. I am sure looking forward to that....
But in the meantime there is a purpose here on earth in which I need to strive to achieve. God has given me a purpose here and so I need Him to renew me day by day in order to go and do the things He has called me to do.
That means going through hardships and trials and.....pain sometimes in order to get there. I hate pain....I am thinking about labor pains right now. I know once that first contraction comes the pain and the memory of it will come back to me. But I also know that with each contraction it will bring me closer and closer to seeing my son whom I have been blessed and priviledged to have and whom I have been praying for, for a very long time. God is so good in creating and bringing this precious little one into the world and I pray and hope he and I will be glorified, shining the light of the Son of Man to others through the truth of God's word and through the Lord Jesus Christ.
For His glory.....

1 comment:

Leslie said...

you look beautiful Mary Kay!