Thursday, May 14, 2009

Baptized

Kamelah was baptized yesterday and I am trying to post the video but it is not working...this computer does not like me....(Kristen...help me!!!)


But anyway I hope to post the video soon.

Here is Kamelah and the other kids right before the baptism:


Kamelah is coming down to get baptized:

This was a very exciting day for me to see my daughter being baptized. She asked Jesus to come into her heart at three and then at a VBS she asked Jesus into her heart again when she was six. She made the decision to be baptized and in doing so has made it public that she will follow Jesus the rest of her life... it is a celebration... it makes me feel overjoyed to see her doing something so important that will impact her forever....

yet I know the celebrating is not over. It is a moment by moment decision to follow the Lord. It is not easy. She will have to continue to work out her salvation through trials, tribulations, hardships....Jesus said to pick up His cross and follow him daily even when others are not. Even when the road He has you on seems to hit a dead end...

Let me preach a little bit more to ya because I need to hear this myself...(can I get an amen!!)

I am proud of my daughter and what she is becoming. I am thankful that God is working in her at an early age and I hope and pray that she continues to seek Him with all her heart. I pray that her relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ would continue to grow and that she would continue to glorify Him in all she does.

For His glory alone.....




No comments: