Thursday, September 3, 2009

Trials and tribulations

Here I am this morning feeding baby and typing at the same time...multi-tasking proves to be very effective these days when you have four children and a household to run....

Yesterday was a learning experience for me...I have had a lot of those since my man has left, some spiritual and some physical.

I know now not to put your cell phone in the back pocket of your swim shorts before going swimming cuz you could forget about it like I did and then go cellphone-less for a while as you wait and hope it dries out and after three days of waiting you then realize it will not ever work so then you have to go get another one.

I also know now that you should never play a movie for the kids in the car unless the car is started. If you do then your battery could possible die at an inconvient spot (like at a school parking lot) and as you see the last car roll away while starting the car you thank God that at least you now have a working cell phone that will enable you to call and get help....

There were so many more learning lessons that I have gone through this past week like baby car seat anxiety, poop found in odd places as I am potty training my two year old, how to go to the post office with a crying baby and active toddler in tow plus two other kids and wait in line for 15 min. to only discover (as you make your way to the counter) that you forgot to bring in your wallet, and also how to go back to the post office a second time with crying baby and active toddler realizing that you went at nap time, which turned into two crying kids and a post worker laughing about them being in tune with each other....

Whatever trials and tribulations I have experience thus far, I know they have shaped me, molded me, and made me want to be more like Jesus. He was our example on how to live in this dark and depraved world. James 1:2-3 says, "Consider it pure joy, my [sister] whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of [my] faith develops perseverance." My faith needs to be tested, otherwise my faith won't grow and my relationship won't deepen with the Lord.

Trials big and small come to everyone. How we deal with them is what counts in knowing and developing our faith in God...in trusting Him...and in giving Him our problems and worries. I need to "humble [myself] under God's mighty hand, that he may lift me up in due time. [wish I could change due time into my time!!!] Cast all [my] anxiety on him because he cares for [me]. (1Peter 5:6,7)

How can I fathom the love that the Father has for me? He cares for me...He chasens those He loves.

My prayer then needs to be, "Lord, chasen me because I know it will only draw me closer to you..."

No comments: