Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hello family and friends,

What a great weekend we are having. The weather has been so awesome...in the 70's with a breeze, sunny, and "autumny"...

On Friday we had a busy day. I really like to do something fun with the girls on Friday, something that we normally don't do during the week. So this week we went to a park in Fayetteville and walked 2 mi. for a cause...something I never heard of until I met a woman named Kristen. She had a condition called vasa previa when her son was born and didn't know it. Anyway, he almost died while she was in labor with him, but God saved him...and so now she wants to inform other women about this condition that can be prevented and diagnosed by ultrasound. Here is the website if you are interested: http://www.ivpf.org

So we went to the park and walked with about 10 other moms and about 20 something kids and it was so nice and beautiful to be able to walk for this cause. Kristen is very passionate about telling others about this and she is so sweet to share her story with others. She knows that no medical personel, no doctor, no nurse, no one could of saved him but the Lord and she knows her son has a special purpose here...what an awesome story and testimony of a true miracle from God.

Then later on after the kids played and wore themselves out, we went to a children's home to visit and spend time with the kids there. These kids were removed from their homes for various reasons and they live in dorm style housing and seem to get a lot of love from the staff that work there. The only problem is there are about sixty kids and only about 5 or 6 full time staff. So I know a lot of the kids just crave attention. I was so glad the girls and I went there...I wanted to bring several of the kids home with me. The girls and I played with the kids and I got to talk with one of the girls who was 16 and had two kids living there with her. She was so smart and she said she wants to be a lawyer....
I could see the love of the Father there as I was playing with the kids. One of the ladies that works there has been there for 20 years. The children are taken care of and loved and of course the Lord is watching over all of them and you could just feel the love of God there...I can't wait to go back to talk with more of the kids and spend time with them. I just want to show them how much God trully loves them. They are beautiful kids...

And today, well being that it is a Saturday, it was soccer games day!! The kids did well in spite of the fact that they lost both games. Kamelah was named MVP of the game and she really worked hard playing defense...and she had fun playing too.

I am trying to figure out how to post videos...it is now working. I hope to figure that out soon....

Thanks for visiting...I will be back soon to share more...

1 comment:

jaklew said...

Mary Kay, I'm so glad you joined us on the Sophie's Walk for vasa previa Friday. I really enjoyed talking to you & look forward to getting to know you better through fun park days & PWOC. (A friend from IVPF sent me a link to your blog.)