Thursday, February 2, 2012

I love the Word of God!!

May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul, and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who called you is faithful and he will do it. -1Thess. 5:23-24.

I love, love, love God's word!!!! I have been meditating on this verse all day today. I am so thankful that God has not forgotten me!!! I love the words sanctify and through and through. Sanctify means set apart for sacred use, to cleanse, to declare or make holy. I believe the Lord is doing this very thing...through circumstances and through things that are not in my control, He is sanctifying me....and it really really hurts at times. My flesh doesn't like it... but...the Holy Spirit is healing, restoring, and strengthening me through this process.

I love the fact that it says He is faithful and he will do it...it is a promise that God will not leave you or me where we are at. He will continue to work to keep us blameless before Him and to be ready for when the Lord Jesus Christ comes again.

me with the boys


I don't know about you, but I cannot wait for that day!!! It will be such a happy day to see my Lord and Savior in all His glory. But until then I will continue to work out my salvation with fear and trembling, knowing He is the author and perfector of my faith.

May God's blessing be on you all as we continue to wait upon Him.....!!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey! I finally found your blog again! We miss you guys. I am praying for all of you, especially you Mary Kay.

Unknown said...

Hi,Mary Kay. I was going to leave you a

message but couldn't figure out how

to do it. :) I was going to ask if

you could tell your readers about

ReadYourBiblesChurch.com.

.. It's a place for Bible study

guides and software.. I also put a

forum and chat room (audio and

video) in that can be viewed from a

mobile device.. I'm sorry I

couldn't find where to contact you

privately. God Bless! Jenn.