Sunday, September 7, 2008

Birthday Girl

Today is Kamelah's 8th Birthday. I am so thankful to God for her. The Lord has given us 2920 days of her so far as a gift and a blessing. I know I hear all the time that children are a gift and that I am blessed to have three healthy girls. And when they tell me that on a good day I smile and without hesitation say yes!!
But as I am thinking right now of Kamelah, I think of how she has brought me closer to the Lord.
I had no idea Kamelah was brought into the world for that special purpose, but as she grows and learns about Jesus, I am growing in my walk with Christ too. I am learning to trust Him with her, to really and trully in my heart give her completely to God. To not be so controlling in my mothering and to pray like never before in the areas I see that need the truth of Jesus touched on....I will right more later, but I want to say that my true desire for Kamelah and girls is to know Jesus and to see Him more clearly each day. To know of His great love for her, for them, for the whole world, and to serve others in a desire to show just how deep the Father's love is for each one that He has created....Much love goes to my big eight yearold. May she continue to draw closer and closer to Him, for He promises to draw close to her....

Below are some pics of the celebration:










No comments: