Monday, September 1, 2008

High Hopes





Hello, hello to all my blog friends out there. This is my 2nd post! I am doing good so far...its been two days since I started this blog and two posts...
Happy Labor Day to you all. It has been a laborious Labor Day for me.. I took the girls swimming today in high hopes of wearing them out by 3:00 pm...
Doesn't the above picture kinda remind you of watching Michael Phelps swimming for the gold? I did say kinda...
When we watched him win, Kamelah asked me, "Mommy, did you swim that good?" I had shared with her previously about being on the swim team in high school and how we had to practice a lot, mornings and after school. I think all that practice I did over 10 years ago really paid off by the looks of this pic, what do you think!?
So anyway, somehow I ended up being in the pool more than the kids. It was cold they said (it was 87 degrees outside), I need to eat lunch they said (animal crackers and pretzels are lunch...?), and "I'm so tired" came out of one of 'em (which is never true because they seem to have soooo much energy right before bedtime!!) If you, my blog friends, were only here to have listened to all the begging and pleading with mommy for days to take them to the pool you would have thought that it would have been so hard to get them outta the pool. Let's just say I didn't have to use any extreme measures to get them to walk home. When we did get home my hopes of wearing them down at the pool quickly dissipated as loud voices and little running bodies emerged as soon as we entered the house...
Well I must go for now...my man had the day off today so I must go enjoy our time together before he has to go back to work tomorrow...
I will write more soon...do not wait in anticipation dear audience, I know you can't wait to hear more...(lol)
Much love to you all.

No comments: