Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I know I am desperate for friends, Lord, but I didn't know you'd send me some with four legs and a tail...

Hello hello family and friends.

Well another update from good ole' North Carolina, where last month, ants formed trails inside our home, where unidentified flying insects found their way to anything edible on countertops and floors...now mice (more than one!!) run rampant inside the Johnson house, coming out only when they think all is clear and no one is around...

Yes, we have a mouse family living here. Brother mouse was not so smart and was stuck by the glue traps (thank you Hanna!) but Mr. and Mrs. mouse were not so easily fooled. They are still running around here enjoying outsmarting me for now...but I will trap them soon...(I hope and pray really soon)....I'm thinking this patience ordeal I went through last month is going to be a lifelong process!!

Onto more important news. The girls are going to AWANA here and they are enjoying it. Kamelah is already in TNT and Zaria is in Sparks. Kamelah loves her class. They learn about God in a fun way. They are using a book called "Discovery Girls" filled with devotions geared toward her age group. Zaria is having fun memorizing her scriptures and earning her jewels. They both are excited about the Awana store where they can use the Awana bucks they have earned each semester toward buying prizes and candy....

And meanwhile me and my lil co-pilot (Anaya) go to Wednesday Night 20-Something Get Together at our church for praise and worship, fellowship, and Bible Study. Some of you already know that I am not 20-something, because the big 3-0 snuck up on me this year. But that is o.k., I can still hang with these youngins'...I'm showin' them how cool 30 can be!!!?

Anyway, if you have time, please comment and tell me what is the worst thing you found alive or dead in your home. I hope it is something bigger and better than a mouse, it will comfort me more than you know!! So please share...

I will be updating more frequently so please come back and visit soon...hopefully I will have a picture of mice in traps very soon.

God bless you all. I love you.



1 comment:

Fredman said...

Hi, Mary Kay! Glad to read your blog and hear about how you and the girls and Phil are doing. Thanks for the neat pics. Maybe I can get Monica to do this as well! I guess I could offer to help. Keep representing the 30-somethings! Some of us (your sister, for one) have left that realm now, too! Others, like me, remain eternally young!

Greetings,
Fred Y