Thursday, September 25, 2008

Names





Thank you family and friends for all your comments...they were very encouraging...

Unfortunately, Mr. and Mrs. Mouse are still outsmarting me, as they were not fooled by the 10 traps I put around the house. I put cheese in them tonight so we will see what happens...

The girls and I went on a walk tonight...soccer practice was cancelled due to inclement weather. Inclement weather down here is different than what it is in Ohio (where I'm from). It was drizzling and windy here and its funny that I remember playing outside in that type of weather back in my younger years, feeling carefree and very much unafraid.

So instead of going to practice...we enjoyed our little walk in the autumn weather. We are blessed to have woods and ponds in our backyard...really not just in our backyard, but it is behind the houses on our street and very convenient to walk to.

I wanted to comment about Zaria's name in the picture above. Phil chose Zaria's name after much searching on many name sites on the internet. Zaria means helped by God. I liked the meaning and I liked that you could pronounce it and it was not very common (not that I knew of until later.) But anyway, I was helped by God a lot during her labor and delivery. It was my first natural birth and I really did not have a plan as to how I was going to go through this process. I was ignorant to the different techniques used to help during labor. Basically, I was stubborn and didn't want to go to classes or read about it on my own. I wanted to do it my way...anyone know what I'm talkin' about...or am I the only thick-headed being out here in cyber land???

...So do not fear, I am with you: do no be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you, I will uphold you with my rightous right hand...(Isa. 41:10)

I wasn't aware of the Lord's presence then, and thought it was my own strength getting me through those painful contractions. I found myself crying out to God only out of agony and desperation not knowing that He was by my side the whole time carrying me through each contraction. I thought about how I felt like I was going to die and I really was not aware that I could not do this without Him. His righteous right hand was there to guide me through every painful minute. And it has and will continue to be here every minute of my life. Even if I am not always aware of it...

Thank you to Rosa for suggesting "The Practice of the Presence of God." Great book of focusing on Him throughout your day...(thanks for the copy Lynette!!)

Anyway, I could go deeper here, but I just saw one of my friends running out from under the bookcase. Thank God they are so fearful of men...I'll write more later.

And since I mentioned something about names, here is a list of the names of God if you have time to check it out:

http://www.characterbuildingforfamilies.com/names.html

It is really interesting to read all of the names of who He is and the I AM's. Much to think about and to realize that my small problems are nothing compared to who the great I AM is....

Much love to you. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am deeply humbled as I know I tend to ramble on a bit.

Love you.


P.S. Just some military humor that is a part of my life...maybe yours too??

You know you are married to a military man:
when you find yourself sorting out your laundry in four piles: whites, darks, brights, and camoflauge....and you can't remember the last time you saw your husband in a color that doesn't match the scenery in your backyard!!!...
And,
you know your married to a military man:
when you find yourself trying to master the art of taking off his combat boots with one hand, while holding your nose with the other...(lol!!)

No comments: