Thursday, September 4, 2008

Soccer season and more desparation...

Well soccer season is upon us. I will post pictures when I get some good ones of the girls in action. This season I have to drive two different places because the girls are on different teams and they split them up by age. I first drive to the local primary school (10-15 min. away depending on who you end up behind or who or what comes slowly crawling across the road ..) then drop Zaria off. Stay for a few minutes and then take Kamelah to a High School in Lillington (15 min. away on more country roads) drop her off. Stay for 10 min. and then, time to pick up Zaria, as practice is only an hour. Then after I pick up Zaria, its time to rush back to where I dropped off Kamelah...and then, hopefully, I will have a few spare minutes to snap a pic or two....

Meanwhile, my co-pilot is with me and enjoying herself. Anaya stays with me the whole time and enjoys the rides back and forth. I am pretty exhausted by the time we get home and then they want to practice more and stay up late and talk about soccer and run around the house and eat ice cream and play hide and seek and watch football with daddy and do whatever they can to stay up late. And lil one joins right in with whatever their doing. She has joined their don't-want-to-go-to-bed club by being her cutest at night. She runs (toddles) around the house smiling and laughing and gives me all kinds of short hugs because she knows if I hug her any longer I may just carry her straight to the bedroom...she blows kisses and plays peekabo and sings the sweetest little nonsense songs...so cute!!!

Anyway, onto something else...

I am excited about the weekend because I will be going to a Women's Conference and I am soooo looking forward to it. I really do not get much time away from kids and house so I really am going to treasure this time. I will tell you more about it later this weekend....



And, I just wanted to let you all know a verse that I have been memorizing and meditating on. It is from 1 Cor. 1:21-22, "He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come." I was just thinking that He (God) did not have to do it but He did. He sealed me with the Spirit, He put Himself in my heart and it assures me a place in the heavenly realms. That is what I am living for and I need to constantly remind myself that because my focus tends to shift to the here and now. My emotions sometimes get the best of me, but I need this verse to remind me of what He did for me. I know the Word of God is full of reminders of what Jesus did for me and I want to just memorize all of them...I want to continue to seek the truth of His word while I am here on Earth. I want to know Him, I am desparate, blog friends. I really am...God moved me here for just that. For me to feel desparate for Him. I had friends in Columbus who I could call for anything. I don't have that here. I went to a house here in our neighborhood last week, to hopefully meet and talk to someone over 8 because a friend that I had known at Ft. Benning told me she and her family lived here. I didn't know her personally but I when I found out where she lived, I went in desparation and loneliness. I didn't get to talk with her right then so I continued to carry on with my day. But I know that this small event in life had really been a final clue as to the mission He has called me to be on here in NC. I have come to realize just how badly I need Him. I cried out to Him a few weeks ago after unforeseen circumstances forced me to reach a really low point. I needed Him and I needed to give Him those pieces in my heart that I could not submit to Him. It was hard to do and it hurt but I feel peace in those areas that I did not feel peace before. I am comforted in knowing that He cares for me and He wants all of me. He is an all consumming fire and I so desperately want Him to consume me with His love and fill all those empty areas in my heart.



Well now that I poured my heart out to you blog friends, I think I will go eat me some Hershey's chocolate dipped in some Simply Jif peanut butter...simply mmm mmm good!!!

P.S. Please leave a comment or two blog friends. Ummm, you are out there aren't you? Do I have anyone reading this besides myself??? Oh, I didn't thinks so. Bye...to myself.

No comments: