Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Salvation is Enough


Well today the kids really surprised me and woke up early this morning. It was 7:21 a.m. (yes that is early for them esp. since they didn't get to bed til 10:30 last night) and I heard voices coming through the kitchen, down the hall, and to the right. Quiet time is not the same when kids are up talking loudly...(sigh)

I've been having a thought run through my mind today that has helped me focus my day on the Lord and not me. I was listening to a message and the pastor said and I can't quote it word for word but he basically said that Jesus already did enough for us by dying for us on the cross. That God doesn't even have to or need to do anything else for us. He has already so graciously blessing me so much and He continues to bless me daily but even if He stopped the blessings, salvation in and of itself is enough . So I think about that throughout my day as I can so easily complain about things and I just tell myself my salvation is enough for me. Even if my life suddenly takes a horrible turn, or tragedy or heartache comes my way. Small storms, big storms...my salvation is all I need. My life is but a vapor and I need not dwell on the now for something bigger and better is waiting for me. And thanks be to Jesus who paved the way for me to God. Arguing kids, flies buzzing around on dirty dishes, dirty floors, tiredness, health concerns etc...ect.. seem so minimal right now compared to what God has in store for me...

Just some thoughts that have been in my brain for the last day or so. Even if I didn't get a quiet time that I so wanted today I still can focus myself on Him throughout the day.

I am really trying to appreciate these days with the kids. Kamelah will be 8 this Sunday...where are the tissues....my baby is going to eight? That is halfway to 16 and then two more years after that she is legal and then the college thing or the husband thing and then babies and...who knows what God has in store for her...but it really does go by fast. I read somewhere a mother said the days may not seem to go by fast but the years sure do fly by.
When Phil and I found out we were having another girl I sent an e-mail out to friends and family letting them know we were taking donations for their future weddings. I didn't have any one take me up on it so I am tellin you, my blog friends now, I am really serious about the donation thing. Really, I am...we take credit cards too. (lol)

Love and prayers to you.




No comments: